With sun in her eyes
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.
Denise: I wanted to thank you for standing up for my boy the way you did in that last game. It’s a shame that we have to meet like this.
Lucas: Yes, ma’am, it is.
Denise: Coach Taylor, Quentin always had so many nice things to say about you. And you too, Nathan. I really appreciate you boys coming here. But I mostly wanted to say thank you to this one. My son has always loved basketball but the day I can tell you, the day I came home and found him reading a book, it about gave me a heart attack. He said, Mommy, Mrs. James-Scott, she don’t play. SHe almost as bad as you are. I realize that you are all trying to help him live up to the greatness God gave him and you should be proud of that.
Haley: You’re strength is inspiring.
Denise: My strength is from Jesus Christ. I am going to miss my baby boy for the rest of this life but I know we are going to see him again and our faith will see us through.

The episode was sad. What other way can I put it? I cried for almost this entire episode of one tree hill. I’ve enjoyed watching Quentin evolve from a rascal into a great friend, great player. I will miss his banter with Jamie, his friendship and support of Nathan, his final respect to Haley as teacher and mentor as well as his relationship with Luke and Skills. I think they did a great job with this episode. Denise’s (Quentin's mom) speech to Nathan, Haley, Lucas and Skills was amazing. Kudos to the writers and Denise’s character for boldly talking about Christ and their faith instead of beating around the bush.

A very beautiful episode.
posted by Jessamine @ 3:01 PM  
 
About Me

    Jessamine Then's Facebook profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox
Links
Powered by



BLOGGER