With sun in her eyes
Saturday, June 28, 2008
What hold you back?
I have a lot of flaws. I can be very stubborn. I get ahead of myself. I have trouble making up my mind, sometimes. I back down, occasionally, when I shouldnt (Im a Libra. I like to keep the peace). I had like to think that I know whats worth fighting for and whats not.

This morning, over breakfast, Im thinking about my limitations.. the things about myself that get in my own way. I can be insecure, but you had never guess that Not in person. Im good at faking it. There are times when I just donte know what I want. I get too caught up in other people, and other people's feelings, to recognize which one is mine. Thats not always good.

I realized, lately, that there are a lot of things I am afraid of. And either you push through that fear or it holds you back. I know what I have to do, its just a matter of doing it. Of being braver than I really am. Of pushing when it would be easier not to. The easy way? Its never the way you want to go. And its not usually the way I go, either.

Ive got some growing up to do. Ive got to get over myself, in a way. In order to make a change, you have to decide to do it. Not just talk about it. So, here's to that first step. May this lead to many more...
posted by Jessamine @ 2:25 AM  
 
About Me

    Jessamine Then's Facebook profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox
Links
Powered by



BLOGGER