With sun in her eyes
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
"不在乎天長地久,只在乎曾經擁有"

I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy. Meredith and Derek are doing a clinical trial on people with brain tumors, and they have a female patient. She is supposed to do the trial, which is likely to kill her, but she wants to wait for the man she loves. She describes the fairy tale way in which she met him, on a ship where he returned to her a missing shoe. The Cinderella story combined with the fact that there are no pictures of the man led Meredith to believe that he did not exist, as the brain tumor can cause delusions. The woman tells the doctors to wait until 3 for her lover to come. 3 comes around, then 4, then 5.. and they have to do the procedure and the woman has to accept the fact that her lover was imaginary.

That is, until her lover shows up in the middle of the procedure, which fails. The woman is in a permanent coma and the man she loves is left to hold her hand and weep for his lost love... all because Meredith believed a love like that could only exist in the imagination.( and yes, i cried)

Imagine that. One has to die believing that they never had true love, while the other must go on without their other half. So, better to have loved and lost, or to not have really loved at all?

frankly speaking ive never really been attracted to the "romantic" type. not a big fan on roses and serenades and things of that nature. Plus, Im pretty much turned off by the suave-smooth, touchy, charming guys. If there isnt a chase, then whats the point right? I have a tendency to go for guys that are more reserved, funny but not the center-of-attention, have goofy hobbies, unusual interests, and trustworthy.

Even when i have a boyfriend, I'm still not really big on romance. Rather than go to a schmancy dinner, I had prefer a movie and a little cuddle( only cuddle). However, I am still a girl. I happen to like surprises, like a flower or a card for no apparent reason other than to be nice. I love it when somebody goes out of their way just to do something nice, because it shows that they are thinking about you and like to see you happy always. So, while I dont expect much, I am appreciative of the little things. I mean, simply taking the time to have a conversation on the phone is enough for me.

So, in a nutshell, I guess I would rather have thoughts and appreciation rather than full-on, hot and heavy, spend-$1000-on-something-I'll-never-use-again type of romance.

i'm ready for this new beginning, i think.
i'm not completely ready to leave some things behind,
but i am definitely ready to start over.
new beginnings are good.
posted by Jessamine @ 1:51 PM  
 
About Me

    Jessamine Then's Facebook profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox
Links
Powered by



BLOGGER